Set on the eastern shores of lake Windermere, elevated above the woodland slopes in a splendid sunny South Westerly position. This 18th century Lakeland stone barn originally converted in 1938 but in desperate need of attention to preserve the character of the structure, but to also add further living space, light and a new contemporary look.
The existing structure needed to be underpinned to allow extensive excavations to lower the ground floor, thus creating enough height within the structure to form first floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
The ground floor consists of a large open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area with vaulted ceiling and an exposed Lakeland oak truss. Also a utility area, porch, guest wing and an underbuilt double garage.